Finding someone who knows your love language, and learning there’s is something very special. Matchbox loves loves loves being part of finding your love language. What is yours?
But finding ways to show your partner just how much you care means even more than those three little words ever could. We asked HuffPost readers to share the thoughtful gestures and everyday acts of love that reaffirm their romantic bond. Read on to see what they had to say:
1. “My fiancé keeps a hair tie in his pocket because he started noticing I always forget! Whenever he sees one, he always sticks it in his pocket for later when I inevitably forget to bring one when we go out.” — Leah W.
2. “He helps out with things my parents need done.” — Rima B.
3. “Every morning before he goes to work, he loads the dishwasher and puts away the toys so when we wake up, we have a nice clean house to start the day with.” — Sarah B.
4. “He warms my side of the bed for me before I come to bed.” — Cathrine L.
5. “After a long day, we relax in our living room and watch a little TV. He sits on the couch and I lay down. He reaches for my foot and begins to rub. Next is the other foot. I don’t ask, he just does it. I would say that’s love.” — Deby H.
6. “I have night terrors and PTSD and he stays up so I can fall asleep first so I know I’m safe.” — Taye S.
7. “He makes me dinner every night. 12 years strong.” — Katy A.
8. “He lets me sleep in and brings me bacon sandwiches in bed when I’ve been out till 6 a.m. on a girls night out.” — Ze N.
9. “My husband died suddenly when he was 48. What I miss the most about him was when he made me coffee, he heated the cup first so it didn’t cool off quickly because he knew how much I love hot, hot coffee.” — Jacque C.
10. “He kisses me goodbye and then I see him eyeing my tires to make sure they’re filled with air.” — Clarees E.
11. “I love Snickers and salted caramel. Whenever he goes to the market, he always comes back with either a Snickers or salted caramel snack. Doesn’t matter what day or occasion, I know whenever he looks at a Snickers he thinks of me and gets me one just to see me smile.” — Laura C.
12. “He doesn’t allow company over on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ nights because that’s my favorite show.” — Crystal L.
13. “He takes allergy medication as part of his morning routine. I’ve recently started suffering from allergies but I’m way too forgetful to include in my routine, so every time he takes his pill after breakfast, he brings an extra upstairs to me as I put on my makeup. It’s silly but it warms my heart every single time.” — Renee C.
14. “He carries band-aids if we go out on the town because he knows my shoes will start to chafe!” — Ashleigh M.
15. “My fiancé has to get up pretty early to get ready for work but he makes a point to wake up 15 to 20 minutes earlier than he needs to so he can get back into bed and cuddle with me before he leaves for the day. He does this every morning even if I don’t wake up to realize it.” — Heather M.
16. “If my fiancé can tell that I’m upset by something I don’t want to talk about, he makes me food, cuddles me on the couch and watches stupid shows and documentaries with me until I finally talk to him about what’s bothering me.” — Rebekkah A.
17. “He takes the bus so I can go to work by car.” — Audrey B.
18. “He has texted me every day at 4 p.m since the day we met. It’s always something sweet just to brighten my day.” — Terri H.
19. “He runs errands after work, like picking up my prescriptions, so I can come right home and not worry about it.” — Ali E.
20. “My husband Nick cleans the hair out of the shower drain for me because it makes me gag.” — Mahina H.
21. “He comes to every music gig that I get hired for, and always makes time for me even though he’s in medical school.” — Savanah P.
22. “When I worked late at night I would have tea when I got home. So he would set it all out for me so all I had to do was put the kettle on.” — Deborah L.
23. “Every time he travels somewhere for work, he spends his free time browsing local shops and markets for food gifts to bring back. When he comes home he always has stories and delicious treats to share that make me feel like I get to be a part of his adventures!” — Gina I.
24. “He always puts the toilet seat down when he’s finished. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but it’s indicative of his love and respect.” — Kate J.
25. “My husband will trim and bread raw chicken for me because he knows I hate touching it.” — Ashley S.
26. “He listens — plain and simple. Not many take the time to just stop and hear what you are saying.” — Anni B.
Article Source: Huffingtonpost